Our client, a well-known brand, has an immediate opening for a Manager, Internal IT Audit to join their team in Vancouver. This is a newly created position due to the continued growth of the company.
In your new role as a Manager, Internal IT Audit, you will assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls for an entire organization using a risk based framework and ensure that the company is meeting its corporate governance requirements, will determine and assess overall IT risk including cyber security, information systems and IT operations, in conjunction with Senior Management, will plan, execute, and oversee IT audits or IT consulting projects, provide general advisory services to the company and its businesses, partner with all staff to drive the continuing success of the function, develop and maintain an IT risk assessment which includes identifying areas where corporate and business units should consider additional investment and areas internal audit should focus on by identifying the security vulnerabilities across the organization and proposing actionable recommendations to management for risk mitigation, develop prioritized IT audit plan based on the IT risk assessment, review IT processes and complex information systems (existing ERP’s and planned ERP implementations), provide assurance of controls over systems and application access, conduct business continuity and security audits (network, operating system, data center, and application), oversee, coordinate, perform network penetration testing, disaster recovery planning, cyber security vulnerabilities, privacy practices and data governance, collaborate with the corporate and business unit IT teams to provide practical recommendations to mitigate risk surrounding cyber securities, IT infrastructures, APIs network compliance management (e.g. PCI), provide management with guidance on IT risk management, prepare quarterly reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors related to IT audits and projects, review the existence and adequacy of the IT related policies and procedures and assess if the business practices comply with the according policies, procedures, and standards, proactively identify IT business process improvement opportunities through performing IT operational audits at both head office and the businesses level, test the control effectiveness, circulate the best practices among the relevant stakeholders, monitor the status of the remediation plan, assist Internal Audit team members in incorporating IT audit procedures into the internal audit process, perform financial and operational audits, opening balance sheet audits, and non-IT-related operational audits as required in order to gain an understanding of the business processes in use.
As an ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications:
- Professional IT audit designation (e.g.: CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CISM)
- Preferred: Professional Accounting Designation (e.g.: CPA), Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, networking, accounting / finance or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of experience in audit, including a minimum of 4 years of experience in IT audit with proven ability to develop and manage audit plans in a complex environment.
- Proven understanding and application of General IT Controls (GIC), IT control frameworks (e.g. COBIT), COSO control framework, NI52-109 / SOX and operational audits (for financial and IT functions).
- Proficiency in standard applications (Office Suite) and IT audit specific software.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills suitable for all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to translate and summarize technical issues for a non-technical audience
- Ability to support audit findings through education and influence on decision makers.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to formulate common sense and concise recommendations.
- Organizational and leadership skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently while contributing to the success of the Internal Audit department.
- Ability to travel across Canada and US for business (up to 20% on an annual basis as needed).
- Valid drivers' license, and access to a motor vehicle when conducting lower mainland audits/meetings.