Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with one of Canada’s top Engineering and Consulting firms and is looking for Transportation Engineer / Technologist for their Brampton office location.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Prepare planning reports, preliminary and detailed designs and oversee the construction administration associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of divided highways, arterial roads, collector roads, local roads, and bike trails.
- Prepare preliminary Designs for CAD staff and review CAD drawings.
- Prepare Contract Specifications, Tender Documents, and Applications for Approvals.
- Review and issue finalized Shop Drawings.
- Coordinate and mentor junior staff working within the department.
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-consultants, Contractors and construction supervision staff.
- Assist with the preparation of Proposals for future projects.
What you'll get in return
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licensed in Ontario or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a Design Office in Ontario.
- Strong computer software skills including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Word, Excel & MS Project. Additional software experience with Micro-Station and/or InRoads would be an asset.
- Experience in planning, preliminary design, detailed design, and construction administration associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of divided highways, arterial and collector roads, local roads, and bike trails.
- Skilled in cost estimating, quantity preparation and specification writing.
- Have a track record of gaining approval of infrastructure designs from roads authorities and environmental agencies.
- Independent, Organized and Motivated Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
The opportunity to work for an leader in the Engineering sector and a chance to work with an extremely collaborative team. These positions are all career building opportunities and will provide security and a great chance to learn with the best in your field.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.