Your new role
AML Team Leads are responsible for driving team operational performance on Promontory engagements, focused on assisting clients in managing various aspects of their AML compliance programs. AML Team Leads play a critical role in Promontory’s successful completion of engagement requirements within time and budgetary constraints as set by management. Principal Responsibilities
- Supervise and drive teams of analysts to meet or exceed quality and production goals.
- Ensure timely completion of projects and goals in accordance with engagement and client requirements.
- Focuses on continuous improvement of the team, identifies the need for training, coaching process improvement and provides recommendations to management.
- Audits and monitors Analysts’ work to ensure the quality and efficiency. Conduct quality control of the AML team as needed.
- Provides ongoing coaching and feedback to Analysts to drive performance.
- Complete AML Alert reviews, Investigations, or SAR preparation as needed within the scope of the project.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance personnel to ensure accurate reporting and clear communication regarding analyst or subject matter issues.
- Organize and review production and quality data via Excel or other Microsoft Office products in order to monitor project progress; manage problems; publish progress reports; and/or recommend actions. Present accurate and professional reporting to management and clients as required including graphs, reports, and presentations.
- Contribute to developing individual and project goals and execute on tactical strategies for goal attainment.
- Coordinate with other PRR team members in the development of training, resource, and policy and procedure documents.
- Assist management and HR with employee career development through identification of qualified internal candidates.
- Coordinate with management and HR when necessary to manage team member performance and/or personnel issues.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What you'll need to succeed
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance or a related field is required or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
What you need to do now
- A minimum of 1 year supervisory experience in a production environment, including the supervision of a minimum of 10 persons. Ability to supervise a large team effectively and efficiently and drive for results.
- A minimum 3+ years in a compliance or related role.
- Strong understanding of AML subject matter, basics of Alert and Investigation review, and basics of SAR preparation including the ability to understand and apply relevant regulations implemented by BSA/AML.
- Ability to be flexible, quickly learn new skills, and meet uncompromising quality requirements and production expectations while working closely with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated competency with computers, including proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, and should have prior experience with a variety of AML database and testing systems.
- Ability to work independently; take initiative; and adapt to change.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Strong processing and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher higher risk attributes, and handle appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Exemplary customer service towards both internal and external parties.
- Must be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, high intensity, high demand and deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency by responding immediately to escalated issues and rapidly changing priorities.
- Must possess critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills to be used in operational planning and evaluation.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.