Your new role
Analysts will perform AML Alert Transaction Monitoring reviews for retail and institutional end customers and procedural work in support of Promontory’s digital assets client to meet and exceed regulatory expectations
What you'll need to succeed
- Perform intermediate to complex analysis that requires knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) schemes.
- Conduct alerts/case investigations, perform Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD).
- Apply logic, reasoning, and sound decision-making skills to recommend SAR filings.
- Ensure work adheres to defined engagement policies and procedures
- Produce quality work within program standards.
- Manage work efficiently to meet production goals and project deliverables.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Assist with other responsibilities as needed, such as file assignments, and request for information tracking and routing.
- May assist in performing quality assurance on Analyst I work product.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Journalism, Criminal Justice or related field. Masters’ degree or JD a plus.
- At least 2 years of KYC and Transaction Monitoring experience, with hands-on experience in KYC Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities and able to decipher high risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type, etc.)
- Superior writing skills with the ability to convey ideas clearly, succinctly and efficiently.
- High competency in written and oral communication; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently; take initiative; and able to adapt to change.
- Quick learner able to readily understand regulatory compliance, financial concepts and issues, exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Adept at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment.
- Results oriented team player with strong initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to thrive in a production-based environment.
- Demonstrated computer software competency, including Microsoft Word and Outlook, is required.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to perform data manipulation and pivot tables, etc.
What you need to do now
- Accountability & Dependability
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Decision Making & Problem-Solving
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.