Your new company
Our client, a industry leader in Hospitality is looking to hire a Systems Administrator on full time basis, to join their team
Your new role
The client is searching for a highly motivated and capable Systems Administrator with hospitality experience to join our Vancouver & Richmond based IT team. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, you will be responsible for systems administration, desktop support and projects for hospitality properties in Richmond, BC. In addition, you'll be engaged in a variety of tasks and projects related to systems planning, deployment and maintenance. This position is based in Richmond, BC with travel required to the Corporate office in Downtown Vancouver.
- Administer, troubleshoot, and support cloud infrastructure and services on the Microsoft Office 365 and Azure platforms.
- Administer, troubleshoot, and maintain the local infrastructure including Microsoft Windows server products, and VMWare.
- Set up new users with desktops, laptops, phones, as required;
- Provide technical assistance and support for queries and issues related to computer systems, hardware and software;
- Respond to queries either in person, by phone, email, IM or text;
- Monitor issues and follow up with users to ensure issues have been resolved
- Monitoring server infrastructure activity and connectivity, troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves server infrastructure problems;
- Utilizing existing toolsets to perform server or appliance installations, troubleshooting and documentation tasks;
- Working independently to see operational projects to completion and works collaboratively with peers and team members to meet objectives;
- Participating in the development and implementation of best practices, standards, procedures and documentation.
- Required to provide after hours on-call support and be available off-hours to work on emergency server infrastructure problems, maintenance, or project activities.
What you'll need to succeed
What you need to do now
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in the field as a Systems Administrator
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science/technology
- Hotel PMS/POS systems (Micros, Squirrel etc.) experience is highly valued.
- Knowledge of common networking protocols including. Knowledge of computer hardware, including PC, MACs, Smart Phones, Tablets
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows 10, OSX.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good understanding of remote troubleshooting tools like, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory and Windows Server environments.
- Windows Server 2012 and onwards.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1101531