Your new company
Hays has partnered with CITCO, a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration. Fund Administration is Citco’s core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry’s most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience. We are looking for a Supervisor, Private Equity to join the Fund Accounting team in Toronto.
Your new role
Fund Administration is Citco’s core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry’s most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.As a core member of Private Equity team, you will be working with some of the industry’s most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will complete Monthly Net Asset Value preparation, which includes: Cash and Portfolio, Reconciliations, Income and Expense Accruals, Partner/Shareholder Allocation calculations, Financial Statement preparation.
- You will maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- You will prepare and review trial balances and workpaper product
- You will manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- You will interact with senior management and clients
- You will have overall responsibility for client relationships and meetings
- You will establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- You will coordinate, manage, and monitor external audit process
- You will process capital calls, distributions, and statements for the PE accounts
- You will place outbound phone calls to clients in response to written inquiries, or to obtain clarification on transaction processing requests
- You will provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- You will coordinate with Operations group, Tax group, Investor Relations group, Financial Statement group, and other groups at Citco
- You will review private equity fund clients partnership agreements, PPMs, and other materials
- You will implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- You will interact daily with P&L team on valuations and price analysis
- You will complete ad hoc reports as needed
What you'll get in return
- You have 4+ years of fund accounting experience in either a Private Equity Fund, Private Equity Administrator, or other financial institution where the accountant has gained financial products knowledge
- You have experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- You have strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- You have project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient with MS Excel and MS Word; experienced user of the SunGard Investran PE accounting platform highly is desireable
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics (CPA designation a plus)
This position has a clear career path ahead, as well as great career progression opportunities. You will get the chance to work for an industry leader in the space along with a competitive annual salary, educational support, bonus, generous RRSP matching and a range of benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.