Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with Citco one of Canada’s top Banking and Financial Services consulting firms and is looking for Hedge Fund Manager for their Toronto location.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- You will form part of a professional team responsible for a range of complex hedge funds and clients and manage a team of accountants, maintain client contacts plus interact with colleagues from other offices.
- You will review Daily/Weekly P&L/NAV estimates
- You will review Monthly/Weekly NAV accounting work
- You will assist staff with their work whenever the need arises
- You will act as liaison with the client on matters relating to the preparation of the monthly reporting package
- You will act as liaison with the auditors
- You will prepare responses to the client on any number of issues and queries which they are requesting from time to time
- You will review administrative / accounting procedures and recommend solutions in order to work towards a more efficient NAV production process
- You will monitor compliance of various SLA agreements with the client/ other Offices
- You will negotiate SLA with client/ other Offices
- You will assist and support new fund setups, conversions and migrations
- You will support the conversion of all new clients
- You will ensure adherence to all internal and external audit standards
- You will ensure all control checklists are up to date and utilized
- You will work with other managers to ensure efficient allocation of staff and workflow
- You will keep Senior Management abreast of all material issues affecting the processing of deliverables
- You will assist with implementing training initiatives
- You will assist with other Ad Hoc Reports requests and operations metrics as required by management
What you'll get in return
- You have a Bachelor or master level degree in a business/finance or related discipline or an accounting qualification
- You have 5+ Years in Financial Services with an exposure to accounting experience of hedge / mutual funds or investment companies
- You have 2-3 years’ experience supervisory / managerial experience
- You have a solid understanding of accounting entries and allocations
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have demonstrated financial reporting / analytical / organizational skills
- You have demonstrated leadership skills;
- You have demonstrated ability to work in a changing, fast-paced work environment
- You possess Product knowledge, Domestic, Global and OTC security markets, Fixed Income and derivative product knowledge.
- You have strong Customer Relationship skills
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have exposure to systems implementations and work flow process initiatives.
- You have strong Excel experience
The opportunity to work for an leader in the Financial sector and a chance to work with an extremely collaborative team. These positions are all career building opportunities and will provide security and a great chance to learn with the best in your field.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.