Your new company
Our Client is a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people. Our client is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Our client employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do. With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Our client is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a Superintendent, Environment to join our Environmental team in Sudbury. This is a Permanent Full Time position. The Superintendent, Environment will manage a team of technical individuals that provides both support and services to the Sudbury Operations within our Environment team. The main components of the work consist of maintaining regulatory compliance, developing systems and programs to manage environmental requirements, assisting with continual environmental improvement initiatives and developing effective external relationships through outreach efforts to support Manitoba Ontario Operations and Corporate business goals. In addition, the team manages reclamation and decommissioning programs, closure planning, environmental assessment and permitting for the operations and capital projects.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Manage a significant volume of complex, technical and regulatory work, to ensure operational ability and success.
- Responsible for all permitting and compliance requirements and will act as the point of contact for all discussions/negotiations with various government departments.
- Directly supervise and oversee Environmental Advisors and Analysts and offer technical guidance when needed.
- Accountability may span to all areas of environmental compliance, but with specific focus including but not limited to: wastewater discharges and management, water conservation, legacy water management and compliance planning, hydrology, hydrogeology, biodiversity, biological monitoring and baseline environmental study programs, regulatory reporting.
- Undergraduate degree in Science or Engineering is required
- Certified Environmental Practitioner or Professional Engineer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ direct related experience
- Extensive experience working in a technical environmental role with a focus on complex & regulatory work.
- Must have advanced understanding of chemistry, have a strong technical expertise with advanced knowledge of Provincial and Federal Regulations as related to the environment, with specific focus on water, species at risk and environmental assessment legislation.
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary
- Participation in our Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online leadership training opportunities
- 4 Weeks’ Vacation
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.