Staff Software Engineer
Client: Software Development
Role: Staff Software Engineer
Location: Remote (Anywhere in Canada)
Our client, a recognized Application Development firm is looking to hire Staff Software Engineer – Full Stack for a permanent position
Our Product Engineering team is central to the success – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Engineering, the Lead Software Engineer will be a technical leader within our Product Development team, working with scrum teams to build an industry leading product that helps our customers and their small businesses be successful. We’re looking for people who are ready to solve problems that millions of entrepreneurs are facing, using their experience to influence both a product and our team, all the while still working on developing their own craft.
It's important that you can lead by example, influence decision-making, effectively handle conflict, and be a champion for engineering best practices.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• Understand how and why our customers work the way they do, so you can develop and improve features in online and mobile apps.
• Deliver high quality and well-structured code and mentor teammates to do the same
• Actively engage with stakeholders to determine the best solution to our customer's problems
• Identify, advocate for, and lead cross-team technical initiatives
• Breakdown and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• 10+ years of software engineering experience
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and lead engineering efforts
• Enthusiasm for delivering value early and often to customers
• Proficiency in multiple languages and frameworks
• Experience with the entire software development lifecycle in the Agile/Scrum framework
Nice to Have:
• Experience using Ruby on Rails in a production environment
• Experience using TypeScript and React in a production environment
• Experience building mobile apps with React Native
What You’ll get in Return
The client is offering a permanent engagement and a competitive salary for the right Candidate.
If you’re available and interested in this role, please apply directly as soon as you can attaching your updated resume and salary requirement.