Your new company
Our clients is a leading professional services networks in the world. They help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. In Tax Services practice, they help clients manage their tax opportunities and responsibilities. Their Canadian and global practices are linked, which means clients look to them for expert advice and guidance. They’re the first choice when it comes to strategies on reducing taxes, innovative tax planning, and the effective management of reporting burdens. Their Research & Development (R&D) and Incentives practice consists of a strong and dedicated team of professionals with science, technical, tax accounting, and financial backgrounds. This team works within a larger national practice which has a strong presence in the marketplace and an enviable top-tier client list.
Your new role
Our client is looking to hire an individual to join the team as SR&ED Technical Advisor, starting with a 7-month contract. In this role, you will be responsible for providing R&D incentive consulting services in accordance with their process and quality standards.
What you'll need to succeed
- Consult with client stakeholders to identify eligible SR&ED projects and participate in the preparation of incentive claims
- Interviewing R&D project managers, researchers, engineers and developers to identify eligible activities
- Working with senior technical advisors to develop claim strategies compliant with claim submission requirements specified granting authorities
- Writing high quality R&D project descriptions, identifying relevant supporting evidence. Alternatively, working with interview notes or recordings prepared by senior technical advisors.
What you'll get in return
- 5+ years of full-time experience in a commercial or institutional development environment
- 2+ years of full-time experience writing R&D project descriptions
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or non-social science
- Excellent oral, listening, written and presentation communication skills - including strong spelling, editing, proofreading, punctuation and grammar skills
- Superior needs assessment skills and a good understanding of research skills, competitive analysis and analytics
- Ability to execute duties with significant attention to detail and maintain high quality standards
- Competent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities effectively while working efficiently (and showing flexibility) to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to work in a complex, matrix environment with a great degree of autonomy
- Strong ability to develop and maintain successful professional relationships, while paying particular attention to client service and client information needs
- Maintain an image of professionalism and integrity, understanding ethical behavior and business practices and ensures own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization
In this contract role, you will get the opportunity to learn the internal systems and further develop and grow your career. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in with a highly reputable company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV at Zarah.firstname.lastname@example.org. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103781