Your new company
You'll be based in Midtown, NYC. The Specialist Sales team on the US Institutional Equities Sales desk in New York is hiring for a Sales Assistant role. The ideal candidate will be a driven individual, looking to learn more about the equity markets and the equity sales/sector specialist role, with some possible prior ‘markets’ or industry experience (either in college or within the couple of years after). The candidate should be able to work in a high-paced and demanding environment where they will have multiple tasks every day, including supporting the Specialist Sales team from both an administrative and a junior talent standpoint.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Perform general support work for Specialist salespeople on the desk.
- Gather information and perform support tasks in a timely manner.
- Answer phones, place outgoing calls, set up client meetings, etc.
- Keep tabs on market information, market/trading commentary, and equity research product used by team.
- Assist in delivering to clients selective exposure to the firm’s research analysts and their published reports, as well as corporate/expert access.
- Thrive in a fast-paced office environment.
- Have a positive attitude and exhibit a "team" mentality at all times.
- Have a strong desire to learn and grow in support of desk objectives.
What you'll get in return
- Have strong Excel & Power Point Skills
- Maintain a Positive Attitude
- Time Efficient
- Strong Multi-Tasking Capabilities
- Eager to learn
You will get the chance to work for a very well-respected global brand as well as start a contract position with a chance of extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1137680