Your new company
Our client, embrace automation, collaboration, startup empowerment, and creative problem-solving. Our customers work with us and with each other to tackle the world's biggest problem: making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective, at a time when the world needs it more than ever before.
Your new role
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team, working at the most integral levels of the operation of our core product and its intersection with public cloud (eg. Azure and AWS). This is an opportunity to channel your passion for creating highly resilient, secure, performant technology into a solution with impact. You will design, architect, and build a platform that is 10x more - usable, reliable, observable, and scalable.
What you'll need to succeed
The exciting project work. As we grow our market reach, we want to ensure the tools we build can scale to support our clients' needs. You will have the opportunity to level up our platform, enabling it to integrate with more tools and solutions; and making it more usable, scalable, and manageable. Some of the exciting things we’ve built recently:
- Proprietary automated data backup system
- Integrated real-time infrastructure monitoring
- Security encryption certificate renewal system
- Feature tiering to associate capabilities of infrastructure deployment to subscription level
What you bring
- The demonstrable experience. You are a Developer who has built products for technical users in a CI/CD environment. You have deep cloud development experience, and hands-on expertise building and maintaining Docker platforms. You are well versed in:
- Automation systems for infrastructure configuration for security and data management
- Writing code using React, GoLang and Ruby.
- DevOps culture and processes.
- Backup systems.
- Network architecture.
- Monitoring using ElasticSearch.
- Code-automating public cloud infrastructure (AWS or Azure) deployments via Docker or Kubernetes, particularly of web apps.
Responsibilities: Architect and develop. You will build scalable systems, using automation and pushing changes that improve reliability and usability. You will work closely with across teams to build and implement solutions adhering to the technical specifications and aligning with the roadmap and reference architecture. Support. You will maintain the platform ensuring 24/7 accessibility and reliability; measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health. You will set and maintain high standards around incident response practices and policies. Inspired by the philosophy of Site Reliability Engineering, we provide customers with access to 24/7 support, as a result, you will be part of an on-call rotation schedule. You can expect on average one after-hours call per 1-week shift. Share knowledge. You will train other team members on technologies and processes; drive education and knowledge transfer of design patterns, technical practices, and relevant technologies and tools. Implement best practices. You will support the investigation and adoption of new and emerging cloud architecture practices and technologies, creating opportunities for improvement and actively participating in discussions and initiatives to improve our technical practices and competitive position.
What you'll get in return
The client is offering an opportunity to work with an established company offering competitive salaries and incredible opportunities for professional growth – all with a great team!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.