Your new company
Your new company is based in Burnaby, they are known as leaders in electrical construction, they also specialize in a wide range of in-house technology solutions, including audio visual, building automation, healthcare systems, network systems, and security and life-safety
Your new role
As a shipper / receiver you will work in there Warehouse in Burnaby, BC. You will be reporting to the Warehouse Operations Manager, this position is responsible to ensure all shipping and receiving in there Burnaby Warehouse are managed timely and effectively.
What you'll need to succeed
- Responsible for organizing outbound freight, local and remote, and assure on-time delivery
- Receive and inspect packaging / components of all incoming shipments
- Review for packing slip accuracy
- Inspect for damage and notify delivery company and the appropriate PM immediately if found
- Prepare packing lists, bills of lading, and other shipping documentation as necessary
- Manage all shipments within Helpdesk
- Prepare all next day deliveries for drivers.
- Oversee driver safety and efficiency and advise on improvement opportunities
- Ensure delivery quotes are received and costs are within thresholds
- Inventory all in / outbound materials for quick retrieval
- Manage all packaging supplies
- Be a backup for the driver
- Help develop and report on KPI’s relative to Customer satisfaction, timeliness of deliveries, utilization of trucks / inventory racks / floor space, shipper performance, or others that impact Customer service or operational costs
What you'll get in return
- 2+ years’ in a shipping/receiving role or warehouse role
- Ability to drive a cube truck and provide driving record (class 5 license)
- Forklift License
- Understanding of the electrical industry
- Good computer skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to work in a diverse, dynamic, and fast paced environment.
You will get a competitive compensation with paid vacation and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.