Your new company
A leading multi-national Energy company with offices in Calgary have an immediate need for a Senior Tax Analyst to join their Tax team.
Your new role
- Prepare the tax provision and related calculations, working papers and supporting
documentation for quarterly and year-end financial statements as well as other reports and publications as required;
- Prepare note disclosures for quarterly and year-end financial statements;
- Ad hoc duties relating to the preparation, analysis and reporting of the tax provision;
- Prepare Canadian income tax returns and filings;
- Assist with tax authority audits as needed;
- Aid in the management of US tax compliance filings and reporting requirements; Assist with transfer pricing processes and documentation for Canadian and U.S. entities;
- Perform tax modeling and forecasting analysis;
- Research of tax issues which impact the group of companies;
- Involvement in corporate tax planning activities, including acquisitions, divestitures and organic
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting;
- Must possess an Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA);
- Completion of CPA’s in-depth tax courses is an asset; Minimum of 3 years of experience in corporate tax, preferably with experience in the oil and gas industry;
- Minimum of 1-year post designation experience;
- Experience in the preparation and analysis of Canadian tax returns and tax provisions;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and work within tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, problem solving, organizational skills;
- Self-motivated, team player;
- Strong communication and computer skills;
- Familiarity with IFRS.
This role offers a very competitive package of salary, bonus and benefits as well as the opportunity to join an experienced and co-operative Tax team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103602