Your new company
Our client Sovereign Insurance is a well-established company with diverse business and an inclusive work culture that emphasizes the employee experience. Their HQ is in Calgary , with additional offices across Vancouver, Winnipeg, Halifax, Toronto and Montreal. Due to business growth, they are actively expanding the team. Ideally this position will be based in Calgary. However, depending on circumstances, this position can be based across one of their major office hubs. In light of economic circumstances, this will be a hybrid role with opportunities in the future for onsite working that will be discussed within localized teams and offices
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Manager of IT solution delivery area, the Senior SSIS Developer will be the part of a key strategic initiative here at Sovereign Insurance, building insurance solution, integration and implementing Guidewire Policy Center. You will be..
What you'll need to succeed
- Developing complex integration services code that will be used between an on-prem AS400 database and external webservices from our vendor.
- Designs and develops ETL solutions using data warehouse design best practices and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- This position is responsible for writing SQL and SSIS code from functional specifications and ensuring deliverable commitments are met.
- Develop and deploy ETL job workflow with reliable error/exception handling and rollback
- Ensure solutions include high quality code, unit testing, code reviews and adhere to Sovereign IT standards
- Working closely with Solution Designers and other technology partners in translating requirements into a cohesive plan, determining technologies and options for a working solution
- Performing technical analysis, formulate design and program logic in collaboration with
- Sovereign’s solution design team
- Collaborating with internal/external IT teams, vendor partners and project management to ensure open communication and quality/timely deliverables
- Mentoring, supporting and collaborating with team members to ensure THE TEAM succeeds!
Must have: To be part of this exciting team, we are looking for candidates with..
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with at least 7+ years of experience in IT industry
- 7+ years of SQL Server 2016 development (TSQL or ANSI SQL, stored procedures, functions, SQL Agent jobs, DML, DDL)
- 5+ years of SSIS development in Visual Studio
- 3+ years of working with JSON / XML documents and creating those documents from SQL DML.
- Working knowledge of data architecture and SSIS developmental best practices
- Knowledge of using web services in SSIS development
- Experience in error handing handling in SSIS and performance tuning SQL queries
- Working knowledge of AS400 DB2, ODBC and SharePoint
- Agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration - Bitbucket/git, JIRA and Confluence
- Ability to work with minimal amount of direction while being proactive in keeping the team and management informed of progress.
- Self-driven, high attention to detail, strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.
Nice to have:
What you'll get in return
- C# or VB.net background for custom SSIS function calls
- Experience in the Financial Services industry, particularly with Personal & Commercial Insurance
This is a permanent role with competitive salary. You will be the part of a key strategic initiative, reporting to someone who can mentor you and groom you towards the next steps in your career. The company provides education and certificate support too, encouraging you to learn alongside work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.