Your new company
Our client is a well establish property management company located in Ottawa, overseeing an impressive portfolio of properties and projects. They pride themselves on their rental experience and resident-first approach.
The Sr. Portfolio Accountant is responsible for the co-ordination of the all accounting process for the entire office portfolio, comprising of several branch/offsite locations; ensuring accurate and timely recording of costs, billings, monthly financial statements and working paper preparation, other ad-hoc reports as required; and the oversight of accounts payable and receivable function in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring proper documentation exists.
Your new role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Post monthly charges, update charges as required, post rent deposit
- Monitor AR and AP aging on weekly basis
- Collaborate with Property Managers for monthly accrual list
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions
- Reconcile operating expenses with revenues
- Various expense allocations – monthly posting as budgeted, year end reconciliation
- Posting monthly revenue & expense statements as received from parking operator
- Cost expense/ Revenue recognition and amortisation posting
- Ensure working papers are complete and supportive of all GL accounts
- Support and verify Junior Accountant’s posting of AP, AR, WIP reconciliation
- Monthly review of job cost activity ensuring consistent and proper coding.
- Communicate with project teams as required but on regular basis, coordinate AR and AP holdback release
Month End processing and reporting:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to maintain accuracy and completeness in conformity to company’s policies and procedures
- Prepare month-end working papers for review including all supporting documentation in accordance with accounting timelines
- Ensure proper communication is maintained between accounting department and property level teams as required, on regular basis.
- Monthly operations and project forecast updates – as per accounting calendar
What you'll need to succeed
- Organize and maintain a proper filing system of all documents
- Update and maintain logs, ledgers, calculation spreadsheets detailing accounting transactions
- Mentor Junior Accountant and provide support if required
- Assist Accounting Manager and Director of Finance as required.
- Assist with the preparation of other reports provided to management
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as required.
What you'll get in return
- 3-5 years of experience in portfolio accounting, or equivalent experience in project accounting and property accounting
- Degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent working experience
- CPA designation or another recognized accounting accreditation; or designation in progress
- Enhanced reliability clearance or ability to obtain clearance upon start
- Ability to prioritize large volume of requests and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with heads of other departments and some clients
- High adaptability and willingness to support projects where needed
Our client is offering a permanent, fulltime position with benefits at a competitive rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1098399