Your new company
One of the world’s largest producers of sustainable lumber, pulp and paper and are a North American leader in green energy production. They are proud of their unwavering commitment to excellence, safety and customer satisfaction, which allows them to safely and efficiently deliver the quality products to our customers around the globe.
Your new role
The Senior Manager of Financial Reporting is a leader in the Corporate Finance team, reporting directly to the Director of Financial Reporting & Analysis, and will work closely with finance teams across the global delivery model to coordinate best-in-class financial reporting and accounting practices.
The Senior Manager of Financial Reporting will be responsible for leading the Corporate Reporting team through the consolidation of company entities and a full range of operational, financial and management accounting reporting and analysis. The Senior Manager of Financial Reporting will also provide guidance to accountants across the company to ensure compliance with reporting and accounting standards (IFRS) and will play a key role in the preparation and oversight of consolidated internal and external financial reporting packages.
- Manage team of 4 in the Corporate Reporting team, with responsibilities including accounting for certain head office divisions, consolidations, preparation of special financial statements for debt reporting, integrated and centralized internal and external reporting for team monthly, quarterly and annually;
- Oversee quarterly and annual financial reporting including review of financial statements, preparation of the MD&A and coordination of review/audit processes for the company;
- Main liaison with external auditors and key member of review of proposals on audit and tax services and continued drive for efficiency in audit fees;
- Lead the Company’s monthly accounting close, consolidation and preparation of monthly internal financial statements for team
- Review quarterly debt compliance financial statements and other regulatory filings;
- Manage quarterly disclosure committee meetings, ensuring proper review and oversight of externally published financial data by members of the Executive team;
- Oversee monthly reporting and analysis for the Executive team for company and the Audit Committee;
- Develop relationships across both companies to stay in touch with latest developments in the business and improve ability to influence going forward;
- Identify opportunities to add value to the business either in terms of streamlining processes, improving quality of information presented to senior management or preparation of new analysis;
- Play leadership role in finance integration/change management, with particular focus on capturing improvements from various major company-wide integration initiatives, driving greater efficiency and effectiveness of company-wide financial performance effort;
- Oversee Corporate assumptions for forecasting effort and preparation of quality Business and Strategic Plans; and
- Oversee preparation of annual financial statements for the Company’s registered pension plans and taking them through the annual audit.
- Responsible for interpreting unique and complex transactions, and determining appropriate accounting treatment under IFRS; as well as ensuring compliance with new/amended IFRS and accounting policies for team to remain up to date on current and future IFRS accounting standards and update businesses stakeholders as necessary; and
- Prepare, and oversee the preparation of, technical accounting assessment memorandums for external auditors and the Audit Committee.
- Key contributor to the Company’s consolidated accounting policy manual;
- Assess the impact of new accounting standards on the Company and possible impacts of alternative accounting policies; and
- Ensure consistent application of accounting policies across company.
Regulatory, Governance and Administration
- Ensure required quarterly, annual and other filings with regulatory agencies are made in a timely fashion, including ownership of all financial related SEDAR, CNW & website filings and electronic publications;
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal control and disclosure processes working closely with the Company’s Internal Audit Department;
- Ensure adherence to corporate code of conduct, disclosure, conflict of interest and other applicable policies;
- Ensure all administrative systems and processes are current and efficient; and
- Ensure all records are up-to-date and meet regulatory requirements for retention.
Special Project Work
- Lead the sustainment effort of the finance components of the ERP and GL system, driving standardized accounting practices across the Company; and
- Participate in ad hoc value-added projects.
What you'll need to succeed
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in related fields with a CPA-CA designation;
- Minimum of five years progressive experience in accounting with a strong technical accounting foundation;
- Experience working with medium-large publicly listed companies;
- Experience with IFRS; and
- Experience with consolidation accounting in a multi-divisional, public reporting company environment an asset.
Skills and Abilities
What you'll get in return
- Outstanding integrity and quality leadership;
- Solid team building and motivational skills;
- Strong technical skills with the ability to adapt to and become highly proficient in a variety of tools including the ERP system: Business Intelligence tools, Excel, etc.;
- Strong ability to collaborate with colleagues including global and regional as well as Executives and Audit Committee;
- Ability to multi-task and drive multiple initiatives forward;
- Inspirational leader with experience leading a finance team;
- Strong focus on standardization, and continuous improvement;
- Conscious of details: methodical, organized, and structured - willing to get to the core of a problem;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Tendency to follow rules and regulations closely: prefers to work in a regulated type of environment, not inclined to take shortcuts;
- Experience in technical accounting and interpretation of accounting pronouncements;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong understanding of complex accounting principles with the ability to appropriately interpret and communicate its relevance in financial reporting, analysis, and decision making;
- Strong understanding of internal Finance policies and procedures;
- Ability to apply the appropriate tools and systems to find, extract and analyze required data;
- Strong understanding of end-to-end business processes and principles of financial process controls and risk management;
- Understanding of external reporting requirements, standards, and policies;
- Understanding of relevant legal, regulatory and compliance issues;
- Ability to adapt to changes in current policies and processes due to new guidelines;
- Strong understanding and awareness of key stakeholders and at appropriate senior levels to drive support for project/initiative and ability to adapt to their needs; and
- Experience managing a team of highly efficient professionals.
Competitive salary, bonus, benefits and amazing growth opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1098489