Your new company
Our client is an industry leading firm that serves clients on a variety of specialized projects that help them to work smarter, grow faster and compete better.
- They are seeking an experienced Senior Manager to join our Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRCS) practice. The GRCS practice provides a variety of risk related services to our clients. The successful candidate will focus primarily on Internal Control and Internal Audit outsourcing services
- This opportunity is fully remote and work is managed from our Ottawa location (hours in EST).
- 6 month contract position and has opportunity for extension and/or conversion to full time.
Why join our contract workforce?
- Interesting work: Deliver work that matters to you. We provide the opportunity to get involved in highly technical, complex and interesting projects where you can leverage your specific skillset and expertise to add value.
- Enrich your skills: Access to best-in-class technology, market intelligence and resources to advance your unique technical skills and expertise. Work alongside diverse, passionate and highly skilled professionals working together to drive innovation.
- Flexible opportunities: Find projects that match when and where you want to work.
- Assist organizations in the development of SOX 404 programs and lead project management activities for SOX 404/52-109 outsourcing services.
- Oversee and support team delivery of internal control advisory services, and lead testing and control assessment for higher risk and complex business processes.
- Assist organizations with the development, implementation, and execution of internal audit plans and projects in an internal audit outsourcing or co-sourcing arrangement.
- Execute internal audits and manages teams to execute internal audits.
- Participate in the development and delivery of engagement presentations and deliverables to clients.
- Develop, lead and manage client engagement plans, deliverables and expectations as well as review the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by more junior team members.
- Simultaneously lead and manage multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
What you need to do now
- Must be able to achieve government security clearance.
- Exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated experience providing supervision and mentorship to a team.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience with a public accounting firm, advisory services firm, or a large multinational organization conducting internal audit and/or internal control/SOX404 projects or services.
- In addition to your CA, CMA, or CPA preference will be given to candidates with a CIA designation with a solid financial accounting and reporting as well as a process improvement background.
- Strong current knowledge in the following: Canadian GAAP, IFRS, financial audit and reporting issues, as well as internal auditing standards and practices and understanding of OSC and SEC legislation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated project or engagement management ability to plan and execute projects/engagements to a successful conclusion.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.