Your new company
Our client has a Bold Ambition is to be the most digital, customer-centric global company in our industry. Global Wealth & Asset Management (‘GWAM’) segment operates globally in US, Europe, Canada and Asia. The invested assets comprised of a broad range of public markets instruments fixed income, equities, derivatives, and private markets assets such as real estate and infrastructure. GWAM Investment Risk Oversight is a second line of defense function within GWAM Risk. The team promotes risk-conscious growth culture by independently profile and monitor market and liquidity risks of Investment to ensure alignment with client’s expectations. The Senior Investment Risk Data Analyst will be part of a global team of investment risk professionals and reports to the Managing Director, Global Head of Investment Risk Oversight based in Toronto, Canada.
Your new role
As a Senior Investment Risk Data Analyst, you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Apply understanding of market and liquidity risk models to produce relevant and substantial analyses to support regional fund risk oversight.
- Develop and implement highly effective investment risk monitoring tools (eg. interactive dashboard, workflow, headmap, trend analysis) to illustrate risk trends and identify areas of concentration risks at different aggregation levels.
- Perform sensitivity analysis on liquidity risk model inputs to explain of risk model performance.
- Represent GWAM investment risk in end-to-end and continuous interaction with investment risk data engineering and application support teams to automate investment risk monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Document risk analytics process workflows and perform user acceptance testing of deliverables.
- Key Focus Works with Management to support and organize the regular development and reporting of risk metrics for the US Division insurance and wealth businesses
What you'll get in return
- 5+ years working as a Data analyst in securities and investment management firms with advanced Power BI and SQL query skills
- Specialized in ETL with large data sets and end-to-end workflow design
- Exposure to liquidity risk and market risk reporting modules from third-party investment risk systems (eg. MSCI RiskManager, Bloomberg) for meeting regulatory risk management and reporting requirements is an asset
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills; Experience in Agile methodology and framework (eg. Scrum, Kanban) is an asset
- Design, develop, and build efficient reporting databases which will streamline the current process;
- Obtain and consolidate key business unit information used in the templates;
- Ensure the timely development and delivery of regular requests for data to the business unit;
- Coordinate the development of controls to support effective risk reporting;
- Support the continual evaluation of risk reporting and control impact from changes in corporate and/or business unit operational procedures;
- Assist with the design of quantitative and qualitative risk metrics from the business units;
- Alert manager of business unit reporting issues to ensure that they are adequately and timely addressed;
- Build effective relationships with various US Division business unit staff and management as well as various corporate level risk and actuarial areas;
- Provide ad hoc assistance to US Risk Management team to support various initiatives as needed.
What you need to do now
- 12 month contract
- Downtown Toronto
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1100746