Your new company
Our client, a leading global chemistry company across US, Canada, Asia and Europe, is going through a Digital Transformation. They are building a Digital Hub for the global business in Toronto city, therefore we are hiring multiple technology talents with ambition to join the digital hub. During COVID, you'll work remotely from home. After COVID, you'll enjoy a hybrid work environment between your home and office in Toronto. This is NOT a remote job.
Your new role
This role works in close alignment with
* Infrastructure & Applications DevOps teams to solution and prepare the project / change request
* Regional Services teams to coordinate on-site readiness and deliver on-site activities
* Key managing role to the Principal System Engineers for mid- to large-size IT infrastructure projects.
* Manage regional client requirements and expectations regarding local server rooms, incl. Hubs.
* Develop global requirements for Hub Sites and Server Rooms, according with information security standards
* Continuous Service Improvement / Optimization
* Support overarching projects/initiatives
* Take care for a timely execution of EOLs, Hardware scrapping and tidy up of no more used cabling, take care for adapting the documentation under consideration of budget restrictions
* Creating architecture blueprints to drive cloud native strategy
* optimization of technical processes through automation
- What you'll need to succeed Education Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business informatics or in a comparable field Experience • Minimum 5 years related working experience • Experiencing Agile way of working or agile implementation approach • Strong Digital mindset to accelerate BASF Digitalization transformation journey • Very good analytical skills. • Familiarity with Digital technology: automation, PaaS and SaaS solutions • Highly developed knowledge in data center and cloud architecture • Experience in
- automation of data center infrastructure services: programming of rest interfaces with appropriate authentication methods
- development of Java scripts
- implementation of Infrastructure as Code
- database structures including programming skills
- Knowledge in Service Now programming
What you'll get in return
Digitalization is a key differentiator, and a true part of the company's DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drives efficiencies in processes. Your company support this goal by providing the digital hub access to latest technologies, expertise and inspirations. You will be the early batch of employees that makes the Digital Transformation happen on a global scale. The company also provides up to 15% pension match as part of the premium benefits plan on top of a competitive salary and bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103619