Your new company
A leading client within the insurance industry are looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst for a 12 month project working remote in Canada. They have an outstanding global reputation within their sector.
Your new role
We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst, Finance Data Governance to assist with implementing the Finance Data Governance landscape with the company. The chosen candidate will assist the Data Governance team implement the current DG roadmap.
What you'll need to succeed
- Manage and implement all Data Governance (DG) initiatives as per direction from data governance business sponsor
- Responsible for improving the quality and management of data assets across finance, actuarial, investments, etc. domains
- Partner with the Data Governance Office (DGO) to establish the data governance framework, that includes a finance data taxonomy, data usage policies, data quality and integrity standards, to achieve the required degree of consistency, standard and protection to meet overall business needs
- Assist in Engaging business stakeholders to serve as the key data steward for all Corporate Finance data assets, ensuring it has the highest level of integrity and accuracy
- Assist in Defining Data Governance processes to achieve a high degree of readiness and preparation to respond to data audits and other regulatory data protection requirements, as well as support the strategic requirements of the function
What you'll get in return
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to tailor communication to all levels
- Adept at eliciting requirements and guiding a broad audience to achieve objectives
- Strong understanding of Data Governance principles coupled with hands-on experience as a data owner and/or as a data steward, consultant
- Experience in documenting Controls, Lineage, Data Quality/Gaps in either an IFRS 9/IFRS17 or other regulatory environment
- Experience working on IFRS (17 and/or prior standards) project initiatives in various capacities
- Solid grasp of data taxonomy for: finance, accounting, actuarial, investments, ALM, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices approach to establishing, validating and rolling out a data taxonomy, data lineage maps, data quality remediation strategy, etc.
- Knowledge of data privacy and security practices relevant to the Financial Services (FS) industry
- Track record of effectively facilitating discussion with multinational groups on complex topics
- Hands-on end-user experience using Collibra® Data Governance software (or equivalent metadata management tool) to establish a multijurisdictional business glossary, product hierarchy and definitions, IFRS 17 portfolio definitions, etc.; ability to establish a proper Collibra® workflow to validate emerging nomenclature
- Proven project management ability to handle multiple implementations simultaneously
- Ability to create macros using Microsoft Visual Basic
- Undergraduate degree in management information systems (MIS), mathematics, computer science, engineering or equivalent
- MBA and/or a PMP would be an asset
- Solid written and verbal communication skills catering to various levels of management and audience with varying degrees of subject matter comprehension
The client is offering a 12 month engagement and a very competitive hourly rate for the contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1098008