A well known real estate company based in Burnaby is hiring A senior consolidations accountant
Your new company
A well known real estate development company primarily focused in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. There development and construction portfolios are diverse and consist of mixed-used multi-family and commercial construction, as well as non-market and purpose-built rental housing.
Your new role
The Senior Accountant – Consolidations is an integral member of the Accounting team and will be responsible for undertaking a broad range of accounting duties. The duties of the Senior Accountant – Consolidations include but are not limited to:
• Review of partnership agreements, shareholder agreements and ownership structure to determine the correct accounting treatment, i.e. consolidation, equity or cost method.
• Calculate non-controlling interest.
• Determine inter company eliminations relating to inter company interest, construction costs, fees, etc. many of which are capitalized by the investee.
• Draft financial statement notes and build systems to track consolidated information. • Ownership of the annual consolidated financial statements.
• Preparation and review of month-end and year-end financial statements and working papers for accuracy in accordance with ASPE.
• Preparation of various tax forms (T2, T5018, T5013).
• Facilitate and complete month-end close procedures.
• Design and generate various reports using Excel or Sage Timberline Office to meet different requirements for accounting or operational needs.
• Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with all laws and company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
• Participate in the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
• Liaise with operations and all levels of management.
What you'll need to succeed
Canadian CPA designation with deep ASPE knowledge.
3 years of accounting experience including consolidations.
Excellent Excel skills (ability to build the consolidation spreadsheets).
Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
Sage 300 Construction & Real Estate or Yardi Voyager experience is an asset.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Canadian or US Tax experience is an asset
What you'll get in return
You will gain a great compensation package, paid vacation, benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1099090
Property & Real Estate
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Sarah Ryan, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Vancouver (EN)