Your new company
A global energy company with operations in Asia, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East and Europe. They successful growth as an upstream oil and gas producer has been achieved by consistently finding and developing world-class assets. Their business is focused on safely exploring and producing from conventional offshore, unconventional and oil sands.
Your new role
This position is an Oil Sands Royalty role responsible for the preparation of backup to support PNCB audit queries, monthly, quarterly and annual royalty reporting in accordance with the OSR Regulations and Reporting Standards established by ADOE. Key deliverables also include internal accounting and financial analysis related to Oil Sands Royalty projects, interfacing and addressing internal and external audit queries.
- Prepare annual End of Period (EOP) statements for submission to Alberta Energy including Cost Allocation schedules. Identify methodologies, which will minimize OS project royalty burdens over the life of the project
- Manage/assist with Alberta Energy audits for End of Period (EOP) statements including Cost Allocation schedules and Prior Net Cumulative Balance (PNCB) from Applications/Amendments.
- Maintain complete and current knowledge of OSR Regulations, applicable Business Rules and associated reporting requirements for OSR purposes.
- Financial reporting and analysis:
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist financial reporting team with quarterly, ½ year and year end reporting
- Monthly outlook or budget updates
What you need to do now
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Accounting designation (CPA);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Oil & Gas industry, with preferred minimum of 2 years’ experience in Oil Sands Royalty, Reporting and Compliance;
- Knowledge of OSR Regulations, Business Rules and other applicable legislation, as well as government reporting requirements (PETRINEX, AER, OASIS/ETS)
- Knowledge of OSR applications and project approvals;
- Good working knowledge of Oil Sands business activities, project economics and project execution;
- Preferred knowledge of Upgrader and complex product flows;
- Ability to quickly understand and conceptualize business requirements;
- Ability to work well within a team environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to converse with management and multiple disciplines
- Experience with SAP and Livelink and strong Microsoft Excel skills
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103800