Your new company
One of Canada’s most influential real estate development and construction firms. With five decades of development and construction expertise, a precise level of design and craftsmanship is evident in all the homes and commercial developments that are built.
Your new role
Reporting to the Operations Controller, the Property Accountant will be responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of property management accounting. Primary responsibilities include:
• Accounts payable duties for a portfolio of both residential and commercial properties
• Prepare various property and tenant reconciliations and analysis
• Review commercial and residential leases setup as well as process move-ins and move outs
• Process monthly PAPs
• Ensure tenant information is accurate and up to date including reviewing and posting of approved rent rolls
• Respond to inquiries from property managers, vendors and tenants as required
• Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements including adjusting journal entries and variance analysis
• Participate in the annual budgeting process for Operating Expenses and Capital Expenditure programs
• Assist in the annual CAM reconciliation process.
• Other duties as assigned by Management.
What you'll need to succeed
• Education: Degree with a focus on accounting an asset
• Experience: 1+ year in an accounting/administration role
• Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to meet tight timelines while managing multiple projects and priorities effectively
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
• Computer Skills: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Yardi an asset
What you'll get in return
A great compensation package with 3 weeks paid vacation, health & dental
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.