Your new company
A leading client within the professional services sector are looking for a Proofreader for a 7 month project working remote in Canada. They have an outstanding global reputation within their sector.
Your new role
Reporting to the Word Pro Manager, the Document Processing Proofreader is responsible for supporting the Word Pro team in the proofreading and calculating of financial statements. Critical attributes of this position include: a positive, proactive “can do” attitude and strong command of French grammar and impeccable attention to detail. The proofreader must be capable of working independently, reviewing, and correcting client documents while handling a high volume of work and adapting to changing demands and deadlines. Strong client service focus in dealing with both external and internal clients, displaying an image of professionalism, discretion, integrity, and tact. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Proofreading of financial statements and various financial documents, including client-prepared
- May also proofread internal documents such as training guides, tables, financial charts,
- brochures, service proposals, etc.
- Checks the amounts and performs calculations in financial statements and other documents.
- Cross-references all numbers in documents and note references.
- Identifies grammatical weaknesses, format errors, omissions and inconsistencies in financial
- statements and other documents.
- Works from the WordPro Online application, assigning job requests to self from the queue while
- following best practices.
- Makes suggestions for accounting terminology, general language (syntax, vocabulary) and
- presentation, ensuring company formats and brand are properly applied and ensuring
- preferences for spelling are applied throughout.
- Query practice staff regarding any questions that arise, review suggested changes.
- Check document processors’ work to ensure all editing changes have been made correctly,
- ensuring accuracy and consistency in all documents.
- Upload marked documents in the relevant request.
- Working closely with staff to clarify expectations, updating on the progress of the work, and
- focusing on quality and timely delivery of the work.
- Ensuring final documents are ready to be presented to clients – no errors, all questions answered.
- High school diploma required
- Post-secondary education in French an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- This role is suited to an individual with a very strong command of French and who possesses a
- minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in a similar environment, preferably in a professional
- services environment, supporting a fast-paced team.
What you need to do now
- Technical Skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs, SharePoint exposure is an asset.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.