Your new company
Our client, an established and reputable manufacturing company is hiring for an experienced Business Analyst on a permanent basis.
The client is a family-owned, Canada-based company founded in 1936 in Montreal, Quebec. Recognized as one of North America’s most sophisticated metal recyclers, specializing in the recovery and recycling of scrap metal by-products, this client has evolved into a successful and multifaceted company with a global footprint. They are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their team based in Montreal, QC.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments, if necessary, during project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
What you'll get in return
- 5+ years’ direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Must have PMP Certification, bachelor’s degree or equivalent (PMI or PRINCE2 would be an asset)
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS projects, MS planner and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Proven experience deploying IT solutions.
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
The client is offering an opportunity to work with a nation-wide leader offering a very salary and a fun and challenging work environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103065