Your new company
A leading oil and gas (pipeline) industry, with multiple offices across Canada are looking to onboard a Project Engineer (Senior). This is for a minimum 5 months contract role.
Your new role
This role offers working for one of the leading oil and gas industry.
Responsible for supporting business development activities and delivering a range of technical advisory services to support clients in the early stages of investment planning, through project development and operations. This role supports the development of projects covering the expansion of our natural gas system and a range of energy transition initiatives including, but not limited to, technical feasibilities, technology assessments, pilot projects, permitting and related project engineering, for new energy projects.
- Support organization’s Project Development and support business development origination including our Natural gas system and projects within the energy transition in targeted markets
- Provide subject matter expertise, complete technical feasibilities, and develop scope, cost and schedule for project delivery
- Assist to Identify new opportunities and potential fatal flaws in projects as well as proposing mitigation strategies to overcome challenges in project development.
- Thinking outside the box and staying open minded to roadblocks
- Assist in the development of large-complex projects including optimization and energy transition projects (i.e., NG, CO2, H2, RNG)
- Support business development and discovering opportunities for value creation
- Provide industry knowledge and experience in the field of ESG
- Define projects scope, cost, timelines, risks and other deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Act as technical leader of H2 and CCUS Technical / Technologies
- Keep yourself abreast of regulatory and technological developments of H2, CCUS, RNG, and other technologies / processes related to the energy transition
- Work across the organization to develop strong interpersonal relationships
- Multi-task and perform highly detailed work under changing conditions
- Plan, execute, and finalize multiple projects according to strict deadlines and within budget
- Coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan
What you'll need to succeed
- Post-Secondary Degree in Engineering including Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or related field.
- 6 years of progressive experience developing projects / project engineering from discovery to start-up
- Registered Professional Engineer in good standing with APEGA
- Expertise in CCUS, H2, and/or RNG projects throughout project lifecycles and along the asset life span
- Ability to structure and understand economics of projects
- Experience writing technical reports
- Ability to apply engineering principles to identify issues and develop solutions
- Ability to manage through ambiguity
- Business and Financial acumen
- Previous experience in CCUS, H2 and/or RNG related projects and operations
- Strong relationships with developers, OEMs, engineering / technical / consultants, and EPC contractors
- Understanding of regulatory framework and stakeholders that influence energy sector
- Understanding of power generation, electrical infrastructure, and electrical equipment needed for electrification
What You’ll get in Return
The client is offering 5 months contract engagement and a very competitive hourly rate for the contract. #1098121