CNOOC International, the international division of CNOOC Limited, the largest producer of offshore crude oil and natural gas in China and one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in the world. As the international division, our portfolio is made up of assets in some of the world’s most significant basins in Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
Our business is focused on safely exploring and producing from conventional offshore, unconventional and oil sands assets. As part of the CNOOC Group of companies, which span the entire energy supply chain, our size and capability create a competitive advantage that ensures we deliver long-term value.
Our growth strategy is to safely and sustainably develop our high-quality portfolio to deliver energy for all. As one team, we have the capability, assets and drive to realize our potential. And with operations in over 20 countries, we are all united by our vision to deliver energy for all.
Why CNOOC International?
At CNOOC International, we take pride in our corporate culture. From East to West, we foster an ethical, responsible and safety-first mindset to build trust among our stakeholders. Bold ideas, diverse perspectives and the determination to fuel our success are what set us apart. A career at CNOOC International is about moving forward – learning new skills, broadening experiences and making meaningful contributions. We offer an unprecedented opportunity for growth and development. From personal career development that enables you to fulfill your potential, to employee programs that help you make the most of life outside of work, we care for our people and it shows.
Working for us means no matter what you do, you have the ability to make an immediate impact.
Your contributions are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and training that will open doors to your future. In return for your hard work, tenacity and contributions, you can expect an array of benefits.
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager, Operations and be part of a team that provides training support and guidance to the site team. The incumbent will require flexibility and adaptability to a changing environment in which they will support competency-based learning, procedure development, employee onboarding, and AESO compliance.
This position is classified as a Safety-Sensitive Position. You will be working a 4x3 schedule Monday to Thursday 10 hours per day (subject to change).
This is a Fort McMurray based position; therefore, relocation is required. We offer highly competitive housing/rental assistance programs to all successful candidates.
The mandate of the training team at Long Lake is:
- To enable operators to increase competency in new areas of the facility;
- To onboard all site employees so they get a consistent view of CNOOC’s culture and can be impactful to the organization immediately;
- To ensure all required training is tracked, available, and up to date for our operations, maintenance, technical, and support team employees;
- To ensure all training is effective and efficiently meeting desired outcomes by being fit for purpose for the business;
- To ensure AESO compliance for the facility by preparing the teams for success.
- Demonstrates leadership and accountability for adherence to Company Policies, HSE and Regulatory compliance requirements;
- Ensures training requirements are in place to support functional areas;
- Understand and perform safety responsibilities such as hazard identification, permit of work and equipment lock-out / tag-out;
- Management of all Statistics Canada and Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) reporting;
- Subject-matter expert for AESO which encompasses procedural reviews, training, data-collection, audit preparation and follow up;
- Focal point for the Production Department’s competency based progression system;
- Responsible for the creation, development, review, and update of technical and non-technical training for the organization;
- Ensure training initiatives are completed efficiently;
- Communicate and deliver appropriate information required for training;
- Ensure all documentation for training materials are accessible and in effective formats;
- Ensure timely response to learning requests;
- Maintain training records for employees;
- Support onboarding of employees.
Who are we looking for?
As the ideal candidate, you will thrive in our dynamic work environment by displaying a positive attitude and the flexibility necessary to manage multiple priorities and challenges. It goes without saying that you have a zero-tolerance attitude towards shortcuts and are uncompromising when it comes to ensuring tasks are done safely. You are an alert problem solver who learns to anticipate and solve potential issues before they arise. The following skills, competencies and qualifications will position you for future success with CNOOC International:
- An inter-provincial Power Engineering Certificate is preferred. Other combinations of education including Adult Learning, or a related University Degree or Technical Education will be considered;
- Certificate in Adult Education would be considered an asset;
- At least 5 years of training management experience in an operational environment (preferred experience in a SAGD, upgrading, or heavy industry);
- Experience with learning management systems and task-based competency systems;
- Capable of coaching peers and leaders on policy and procedures;
- Experience supporting company direction/decisions and translating them to team objectives;
- Proven ability to prepare and deliver presentations to internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work in an integrated team atmosphere but can also work independently;
- Strong organization and people management skills;
- An effective understanding of the regulatory requirements relative to the compliance and management of an industrial plant;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail programs, document control and drawing management systems;
- Commitment to the successful introduction of work processes; a safety-first culture; and adherence to Safe Work Practices and Corporate Policy;
- Knowledge of W.H.M.I.S, TDG and OH&S regulations;
- SAP or equivalent maintenance management system experience;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Closing Statement All positions require background checks which could include:
- Criminal police record check
- Education verification
- Credential verification
All Safety Sensitive positions could include:
What you need to do now
- Drug & Alcohol testing
- Pre-access medical testing
- Drivers’ abstract for last 3 years
- Completion of CSO (Common Safety Orientation) online course
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.