Your new company
Hays has partnered with a leader in the Canadian Banking and Financial Service industry. We are currently looking for a Private Equity Manager for a full time permanent role located in our clients downtown Toronto office.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- You will maintain and control the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- You will prepare and review financial statements, footnotes, and partner capital statements
- You will prepare and review limited partner and general partner allocations
- You will prepare and review trial balances and work paper product
- You will review capital activity that pertains to the funds including capital calls, distributions, and transfers
- You will prepare and review fee calculations including (but not limited to) management fees, admin fees, waterfall clawback, and carried interest calculations
- You will manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- You will interact with senior management and manage overall relationships for multiple clients
- You will provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- You will establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- You will coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group
- You will coordinate, manage, and monitor external audit process
- You will review private equity fund client’s partnership agreements, PPMs and other materials
- You will implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- You will complete ad hoc reports as needed
What you'll get in return
- You have 4+ years’ experience in managing a team of Fund Accountants, Senior Fund Accountants and Supervisors
- You have 3-5 years of fund accounting experience in either a Private Equity Fund, Private Equity Fund Administrator, or other financial institution where the accountant has gained financial products knowledge
- You have knowledge of US/Canadian GAAP and other comprehensive basis of accounting
- You have experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- You have strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- You have strong project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics; CPA an asset
- You have a strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word essential, experienced user of the SunGard Investran PE accounting platform highly desirable.
The chance to work with a leader in Canada's Banking and Financial industry. This position allows for career security and growth. Providing a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.