Your new company
This client has been around for decades and is one of the largest and most established entertainment company in Canada with offices and businesses across the nation. This role is based in Coquitlam.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary, 5% salary bonus, 3 weeks vacation, extended benefits from days one, RRSP matching and flexible/hybrid work environment. Growth plan and job security for a large employer.
Your new role
• Accurately reviews and processes payroll in accordance with company, regulatory and collective agreement requirements
• Processes statutory remittances, benefit premium calculations, pension remittances and year-end reporting while establishing priorities within strict mandated and multiple timelines
• Processes manual/off-cycle pays as required
• Processes various regulatory reporting, including ROEs, WSIB remittances and wage garnishments
• Verifies completed payrolls and reviews reports for accuracy and completeness before distribution
• Works closely with Payroll Administrators and ensures accuracy and completeness of their work
• Records and maintains team member payroll information accurately, ensures proper authorization and adherence to Company policies, including compliance for any changes to be made to team member records
• Reviews payroll pre-processing reports prior to transmission to ensure accuracy of all information and follows-ups on and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner
• Runs payroll and reviews post-payroll reports for accuracy
• Ensures accurate tax payment for all payroll activities which requires a thorough understanding of satutory requirements for all federal and provincial tax agencies
• Completes year-end tax forms and reporting, as well as amendments, as required
• Resolves issues with and identifies patterns, trends and root causes – may be required to work as part of a cross-functional team to correct causes of issues
What you'll need to succeed
Looking for someone with 3+ years of end to end payroll experience with larger more complex payroll background. PCP and multi-provinces experience are an asset.