Your new company
Our client, a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company is looking to hire a new Operations Manager. They are celebrating over 53 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the their family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 200+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. They have been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
Your new role
The company is seeking a dynamic Operations Manager to join their growing organization. As an ideal candidate, you’ll have a strong business acumen and proven success managing multiple departments toward improved efficiency and profitability. You’ll be highly skilled in driving results through effective management of people, processes, and finances.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the various divisions, ensuring efficiency, profitability and achievement of organizational goals and objectives. The
Operations Manager will be responsible for:
What you'll need to succeed
- Overseeing all Branch Managers’ Performance and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Reporting results to the higher management
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
- Setting guidelines for evaluations, recruitment, and succession in various disciplines within the company
- Fostering teamwork and high-performance culture at all branches and divisions.
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations/Business Administration or another relevant program.
- 15+ years of experience in management of Consulting Services, at least 8 years in a lead Operations position.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business and technical procedures or government regulations
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Skilled in business negotiation processes
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent collaborative problem solving skills with an ability to implement solutions
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, etc.)
The opportunity to play a pivotal role in the daily operations of one of Canada’s leading engineering firms. You will also receive a very generous base salary of $110,000 + a Shareholding opportunity after 1 year, which annually returns approximately $50,000 (depending on the performance of the company).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.