Your new company
Our client is a leading Mechanical & Electrical Consulting Engineering firm with a strong national presence and multiple offices across different provinces. With over 50 years in business, and 500+ staff, they take on a variety of challenging, high-profile projects in the commercial, institutional, mixed-use highrise, and healthcare sectors. Their office in Toronto is currently seeking Mechanical or Electrical Construction administrators.
Your new role
As a Mechanical / Electrical CA, your responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Attend site meetings
- Serve as main point of contact for the builder for any project-related questions/requests
- Understand project specifications and objectives
- Proactive approach to change orders
- Proactively identify potential issues
- Liaise with Architect, Client, Contractor, Owner, Specialty Consultants, Project Manager, Job Captain and Project Engineer
- Complete time critical reports including Request for Information, Contemplated Revisions, Change Orders, Field Review, Pricing Review, Progress Claim Review
- Issue and sign off on Site Deficiency Reports, verify and accept As Built Drawings and Operational and Maintenance Manuals and ensure all required information has been received prior to issuance of Closing Letters
- Report on milestone dates and deliverables
- Respond to field issues and questions with engineering and other resources as required
- Investigate claims promptly and resolve them fairly
- Support and engage in a collaborative work environment
- Provide customer service levels that meet or exceed customers' expectations
- Actively work on multiple projects simultaneously
What you'll get in return
- Mechanical or Electrical Design education or trade background
- Design background in building technology would be considered an asset
- 3+ years of experience in a mechanical or electrical design/construction background
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of current construction practices, including working drawing production and construction reviews, as well as specifications, contracts and consultant agreements.
- Experience and knowledge of building systems HVAC, Plumbing, Air Handling, Water, Mechanical & Fire Systems OR Electrical expertise in lighting, power, and systems is a must
- AutoCAD and REVIT drawing review experience
You would join one of the country’s most reputable consulting engineering firms, with a staff that values employee engagement, growth, and development. With a highly competitive salary and full benefits, you will take the next step in your career with a leading organization that values long-term growth. You will also have access to some of the most exciting and challenging high-profile projects that the industry has to offer. Additionally, you will have the flexibility to work in a hybrid work environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Moe Mansour at (437-266-2732) now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1097777