Your new company
Our client is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, has employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, and Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do. With our client's global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries and is constantly growing and changing.
Your new role
As a manager, you will lead all aspects of the project and ensure that the Project Control routines (Systems and Processes) in place follow our client's Project Governance model. You will observe all project costs (discipline, WBS and working packages) and have a team reporting Cost Control, Scheduling and Planning functions. You will assist the Sr Project Manager in establishing Project budgets work plans schedules and other cost control measures as required to ensure data reports are accurate and timely. Additionally, in this position you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Support the standardization of the North Atlantic Project Group(NAPG) Project Controls, ensuring full implementation of company processes and procedures
- Lead cross-functional team, ensuring members are collaborating with Procurement, Engineering, and Contracts group on concepts and relationships to the scope of work, forecasting and ensure adherence to baseline plans.
- Lead development of budget estimates to support project sanctions and the change management routine.
- Handle the preparation of indirect costs, including owner's cost budgets.
- Define project baseline process for cost & schedule, and ensure all project systems are implemented according to our client's Project Governance Model (standards and procedures);
- Lead change management process and communicate and suggest corrective actions.
- Lead project schedule development, review and update processes and to ensure accuracy and alignment with the overall master schedule (scope);
- Lead daily, weekly, and monthly reporting routine by developing reports, power BI dashboards to communicate cost and schedule (forecast) performance in real-time.
- Lead Project direct and indirect costs, ensuring accurate and on-time reporting of data
- Use company business systems (SAP, PRISM/Ellipse-Oracle/Primavera P6);
- Ensure RFQ/RFPs have an accurate budget allocation,
- Lead collaboration with all Project Areas to provide inputs to the contract formation process concerning payments terms, measurement criteria and rules of credit.
- Providing advice on applying effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).;
- Lead cost control function and ensure the integrity of the data being processed.
- Lead risk management routine, which includes identification, documentation, mitigation, and tracking of the Project's potential risks. In addition, discover potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified.
- Collaborate with Company PMO offices, FP&A and other corporate groups to review governance as required
- Undergraduate degree required
- CGA/CA/CMA or PMP certification an asset
- 11 to 15 years of experience in Project Controls for large projects
What you'll get in return
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Experience working on major Capital Projects
- Experience and in-depth knowledge and understanding of Project Management and Project Controls concepts including estimating, cost/cash, scheduling and earned value management.
- Knowledge of Asset capitalization
- Experience and knowledge of mining & construction processes and procedures.
- Develop and support relationships with a diverse range of professionals in a mining & construction atmosphere.
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
- Opportunities to advise and oversee the design, budget and construction of new mines and expansions
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1097211