Your new company
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers. For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Every Voice Matters We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Your new role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Loadout Planner to plan for Safety Work Execution. Ensuring all weekly maintenance activities are planned and scheduled in a manner that maximizes the efficiency of our people and equipment while improving the reliability of the operation.
Reporting to the Superintendent-Asset Mgmt. PP & Loadouts, the Loadout Planner will:
• Ensure safety needs are given a top priority in work planning
• Identify and plan all maintenance tasks to ensure equipment reliability
• Ensure maintenance is conducted to Asset Management standards, to increase reliability and availability of assets
• Ensure work orders for accountable area are prioritized, fully planned with all resources, materials and specialized tooling identified with assignment of appropriate status
• Review work in the required schedule period taking into consideration (Asset criticality, statutory work, warranty, repairable/ratable, severity and safety impact) inclusive of project maintenance work
• Participate in monthly cost reviews, (planned spend versus actual spend; escalate any major variance of actual vs plan and identify opportunities to realign spend vs budget). Annual budgeting for following year maintenance
• Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure there is effective communication of the plans and upcoming maintenance to ensure appropriate risk management strategies are in place
• Ensure critical risks are identified in the planning process with appropriate controls accounted for so the work can be performed safely and effectively.
• Improve productivity of people, equipment and work quality by eliminating potential delays and obstacles to efficient work execution.
• Provide KPI data showing maintenance performance to varies departments and recommending system and design changes to improve processes materials.
• Apply shutdown management best practices and scheduling shipping of repairable items and track them until they return to site.
• Participate in defect elimination process, Courage to Care (CTC), DMAIC improvement projects, RCM, Safety Production System, Engineering Project work in your area, review activities related to the area of responsibility.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have: • 3-5 years’ experience in a similar industrial setting (mining, processing or related setting
• A can-do attitude with a positive outlook
• Strong working knowledge of SAP
• Demonstrated skills in planning or scheduling
• Effective organizational and time management skills to manage a wide-ranging and priority changing workload
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work in a team and prioritize tasks & common goals
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite It is also beneficial if you have:
• Journeyperson trade or technical education (not required)
• Previous Maintenance Planning Experience
• Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma training
What you'll get in return
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
Exclusive employee discounts
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1100645