Your new company
Hays has partnered with a leader in the mining industry. Our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people. We are currently seeking a Lead Power Engineering – 2nd Class to join our Manitoba Utilities Department in Manitoba.
Your new role
The Thompson Mines Technical Services (MTS) Team is integral to the success of the operations in being a safe and reliable producer. We aim to design and plan safe, sustainable ore extraction through technical excellence in the areas of geology, mine planning, ventilation, backfill, ground control, drill/blast and survey control. We are currently seeking a Lead Power Engineering – 2nd Class to join our Manitoba Utilities Department in Manitoba. Additionally, in this position you will produce mine planning packages/designs including, but not limited to
What you'll need to succeed
- Follow Vale’s Safety Policies, Programs and Legislative Standards
- Must be obsessed with safety and risk
- Demonstrate open and transparent dialogue in all aspects of work
- Work Collectively with peers and cross functionally with colleagues in engineering, maintenance, and services to achieve the objectives of the plant
- Support the Plant Manager in the development and management of the cost and capital expenditure budget
- Execute the implementation of new management systems
- Seek out opportunities for continuous improvements and lead or participate in teams to implement them
- Utilize data collection systems to identify and implement change to reduce process variability
- Ensure there is adherence to the Power Engineers Act.
- Provide Divisional month end billing statements and facilitate plant access to Utilities billing data
What you'll get in return
- Minimum Second-Class Power Engineering certificate is required.
- Operating large utilities facilities (power distribution, steam generation, vacuum systems, compressed air and water distribution systems.
- Working in a control room monitoring complex processes and coordinating critical activities
- Ability to prioritize assets maintenance to ensure plant reliability
- Project experience – plan, organize, budget and prioritize construction projects for the area of responsibility
- Familiar with coordinating shift engineers and maintenance resources to ensure uninterrupted services to internal customers
The chance to work with a leader in Canada's mining industry. This position allows for career security and growth. Providing a range of benefits, and support to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.