Role: Instructional Designer & IT Trainer
Type: Permanent Job Salary: Open *depending on experience
Location: Montreal, QC
Our client, an established and reputable manufacturing company is hiring for an Instructional Designer and IT Trainer on a permanent basis.
Your new company
The client is a family-owned, Canada-based company founded in 1936 in Montreal, Quebec. Recognized as one of North America’s most sophisticated metal recyclers, specializing in the recovery and recycling of scrap metal by-products, this client has evolved into a successful and multifaceted company with a global footprint. They are currently seeking a Functional Analyst to join their team based in Montreal, QC.
Your new role
We are looking for a professional technology trainer to join our team. This opportunity is to support our various portfolios project with training. You will support our various projects.
You will have to build documentation, training content and train users on our different systems. Your application is of particular interest to us if you have relevant experience as a technology trainer.
50% of your time, you will provide training on various technological topics. 50% of your time you are an Instructional Designer.
What you'll need to succeed
- Curious, the candidate is ready to learn and think outside the box.
- Team player, the candidate must enjoy collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to pass on knowledge easily (good trainer)
- Excellent written skills
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Must work well with changing priorities.
- Bilingual required. Training is available in French and English. The trainer must be able to offer the sessions with great ease in both languages.
- Develops and designs courses and curriculum.
- Edits and develops online learning materials.
- Collaborates with subject experts to develop course content.
- Keep up to date with new online training design practices.
What you'll get in return
- Must be bilingual (French and English)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a technology trainer.
- You have the skills to create online training (elarning). You know how to use tools like Articulate, Camtasia, audacity, etc.
- Proficiency with learning management systems (LMS)
The client is offering an opportunity to work with a nation-wide leader offering a very salary and a fun and challenging work environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.