IT Service Desk Technician
Client: Professional Services
Role: IT Service Desk Technician
Duration: 12 Month Contract
Salary : Negotiable
Location: Montreal, Quebec City OR Toronto – In office
Our client, a Professional Company, is looking to hire and IT Service Desk Technician for a 12 Month Contract Position.
Your new role.
Under the general direction of the IT Service Desk Team Lead, the IT Service Desk Technician role provides exceptional customer service to the national end user base. This role will provide services and support to clients and ensure that service levels are achieved. This role will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations from a remote support perspective.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with an IT focus
• A+ Certification preferred.
• MCSA Certification preferred.
• HDI Certification preferred.
• Broad technical knowledge of IT
• Understanding of IT services, technology and solutions
• Work experience in a related industry setting is a plus
• Work experience at an IT service provider is a plus (delivery level)
• Work experience with ticketing applications (Service Now) is a plus
• Knowledge of existing and emerging hardware and software technologies and IT architectures
• Strong competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
• Knowledge of best practices to guide teams through issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission critical information and software systems
• Ability to develop and implement IT policies and governance
• Strong analytical, design and development skills including troubleshooting and integration of IT services
• Ability to communicate openly and effectively with senior management, Business Units management, with other IT managers, with staff, and with many diverse constituencies
• Ability to work decisively under heavy workload considering the criticality, urgency and extended work hours required to ensure availability of the service in accordance to service level commitments
• High willingness to drive transformation and service improvement
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment and assertiveness
• Strong organizational and communications skills
• Work effectively in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities and rapid change while actively developing one’s skills and capabilities
• Foster a customer focused environment delivering exceptional customer service and anticipating future customer needs
• Effectively examine events, issues and problems and generate optimal solutions in a timely manner
• Foster a sense of collaboration and work effectively across the organization to achieve goals
• Excellent English (written & spoken) - other languages specific to business unit are a plus.
What You’ll get in Return
The client is offering a permanent FTE Position with a competitive salary and benefits.
If you’re available and interested in this role, please reply to this email as soon as you can attaching your updated resume and hourly rate requirement.