Great contract opportunity with a major midstream operator in Calgary.
Your new company
Our leading oil and gas midstream client with multiple offices across Canada is looking to onboard an IT Project Manager (Specialist) for a 6 month contract position based out of Calgary, with a huge possibility of extension.
• 5+ years’ experience as IT Project Manager, preferably with Physical Security background in oil & gas industry and working on remote field site implementation.
• Experience in managing 10-20 projects up to $1M each and liaising with teams up to 20-30 professionals.
• Exceptional communication, presentation, and project management skills to work seamlessly across organizational boundaries with multiple stakeholder groups in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven experience with IS infrastructure (telecom engineering, network, server, workstation), software (custom and SaaS), physical security cameras / CCTV (Axis, Hanwha, etc.), physical security systems (Genetec, Lenel, etc.), cybersecurity, office and field construction (digging, trenching, mounting, cabling, etc.).
• Experience in reviewing telecom construction drawings and managing cross-dependencies between construction, IS and vendor teams.
• Successful experience in proactive risk identification and issue management to drive projects to completion within their approved timeline and budget.
• Strong experience in the organization, prioritization, and completion of multiple project tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
• Out of the box problem solver who demonstrates project ownership by keenly understanding the project objectives, the solutions, and their implementation strategies by supporting team members as necessary to meet project deadlines.
• Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio based products
• Organize and manage 10-18 physical security projects, each with unique requirements, varying complexity/size, and duration.
• Conduct/facilitate scope, requirement, status update, risk/issues discussions. Take ownership of problem situations and lead the team in proactive risk identification and issue management and manage stakeholder expectations effectively.
• Manage the delivery of project artefacts including project plans, requirements, architecture, design, handover to operations, change tickets, lessons learned.
• Develop and update weekly and month status reports.
• Maintain monthly financials with actuals and forecasts till end of project.
• Conduct and lead daily status calls during on-site implementations, and weekly/monthly project status meetings during planning and design phases.
• Provide leadership in solving problems, improving processes, and a better experience for the business.
• Manage 3rd party service providers and solution integrators (security system integrator, infrastructure suppliers) to assure clarity of their deliverables, dependencies, and deadlines.
What you'll need to succeed
• Proven ability to communicate and interact effectively with clients, support staff, vendors, and service providers.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues in complex environments.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a team when necessary.
• BA or BS degree in an IT related field or equivalent training and experience managing systems in an enterprise, mission critical environment.
• 5 plus years’ experience with project management
• PMP and/or ITILv3 certification a plus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Energy, Utilities & Mining
Projects & Change Management
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Anaahat Dhindsa, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Vancouver (EN)