Industrial Electrician (Journeyperson)
About the role
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Grow your electrical expertise by learning our diverse and interesting equipment
- Based in the beautiful outdoor and family-oriented community of Labrador City, NL
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you. We are looking for an Industrial Electrician who can be highly motivated, adapt to changing situations and priorities, interact well with others and demonstrate the ability to both work independently and to contribute effectively within a team to ensure optimal equipment reliability and availability. The work schedule can include shifts up to 12 hours, night shift, and weekends.
This is a great opportunity for a driven and safety-oriented individual to contribute to the IOC maintenance team.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible. Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and working in an exciting and unique environment within the Iron Ore Company of Canada, you will be:
Please note: Fly-in-fly-out arrangements are not available.
What you’ll bring
- Ensure that maintenance activities are safely carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- Work safely through appropriate behaviours and adherence to IOC safety standards
- Keep work area safe, clean, and well maintained. Take timely action to correct unsafe work conditions in the work area.
- Be responsible for the proper operation, maintenance, and control of equipment to ensure production targets are achieved safely and efficiently.
- Communicate all unresolved safety and process deficiencies to the supervisors involved.
- Maintain a continuous improvement focus by developing and participating in implementation of appropriate solutions to eliminate the issues/problems identified in the work area.
- Challenge the way the work is done.
What we offer
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Journeyperson and/or Interprovincial “Industrial” Electrician trade qualification
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in an industrial setting
- A highly flexible approach to work
- Good collaboration, communication, and approach to teamwork
- Contributions to improvement ideas and solutions in the workplace
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Domestic relocation assistance