Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a gaming and casino organisation based in Etobicoke ON. We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join their team for a full time permanent position. This candidate will be required to work out of their Etobicoke location full time.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills, and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission, and values:
- Provides leadership, direction and mentoring to the Human Resources team at the casino; develops performance goals and holds performance partnership discussions with direct reports;
- Provides HR leadership & advice to managers; provides guidance on conflict resolution, performance management, career development and succession planning;
- Identifies internal and external employment issues and trends; recommends improvements, efficiencies and training opportunities; assists with training implementation and delivery;
- Oversees programs such as recruitment, orientation, training, attendance management, health, safety & wellness, rewards and recognition etc., at the property;
- Partners with management to improve culture of attendance and performance while focusing on guest service;
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, partnership, team members, unions, vendors and regulators;
- Assisting and advising Managers with respect to the collective agreement application and interpretation;
- Focuses on rapport-building with the Union working towards improving communication and reducing grievances;
- Researches and prepares confidential Labour Relations reports and surveys relating to negotiations, grievances and arbitrations and provides support, resources and participates on the Casino’s bargaining and Labour-management committees;
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Performs other reasonable additional duties as required/assigned.
What you'll get in return
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources Management (diploma/degree in HR) or an equivalency of work experience of at least five years in Human Resources in roles of increasing responsibility. A combination of education/experience may be considered;
- CHRL/CHRP designation is nice to have
- Previous HR experience in a unionized environment is required;
- Ability to exceed internal and external ‘customer’ expectations through leading by example and by providing timely, effective and service oriented advice and service to operation managers;
- A track-record of effective human resources customer service to several departments with competing needs, and providing sound advice on sensitive matters;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; mediation and conflict management/resolution experience is required;
- Superior ability to communicate effectively; active listening, writing, speaking and presenting;
- Proven ability to analyze problems, identify key information and issues, interpret data and determine implications, provide recommendations, and effectively resolve issues;
- Willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development;
This role offers competitive pay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1098601