Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a gaming and casino organisation based in Ajax ON. We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join their team for a full time permanent position. This candidate will be required to work out of their Ajax location full time.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the Human Resources Business Partner is responsible to support the management team in handling day-to-day operations focusing on employee relations, disability management, occupational health and safety, labour relations, recruitment and training. The Human Resources Advisor will adhere to all policies and procedures to ensure an environment that is safe, fun and full of learning opportunities.
- Manage employment lifecycle for all team members
- Manage the complete recruitment function for the site for both union and non-union roles and work collaboratively with other site HR for internal transfers and shared resources;
- Provide guidance and support to managers on employment legislation, HR policies, employee and labour relations and other HR matters;
- Assist with internal investigations and provide recommendations and follow-up on issues;
- Maintain effective labour relations including all steps of grievance management, mediation/arbitration cases and participating in collective bargaining;
- Researching past practices and preparing documents for mediations, arbitrations and collective bargaining;
- Support and assist with workplace health and safety initiatives and programs, including the completion of workplace risk assessments and safety inspections, WSIB reporting and participate as a member of the JHSC;
- Answer questions on payroll and benefits, and liaise with Shared Services Payroll and My Total Rewards on behalf of team members on matters related to benefits enrollment/changes, payroll discrepancies, etc.;
- Support Company directed HR initiatives including, but not limited to, surveys, policy and procedure revisions, implementation of new processes and procedures, recognition program, community partnership events and compliance, etc.;
- Support and assist with leave management cases, including the gradual return to work program and process;
- Facilitate and deliver new hire orientation, online and in person training, and ensure compliance of all mandatory training is completed within prescribed deadlines;
- Support and assist with leave management files (LOA, STSP, LTD, WSIB, bereavement, maternity etc.), including the gradual return to work program and process.
- Provide HR reports as requested and enter HR documentation with the intent of ensuring HCM is current at all times;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR programs, services, and initiatives; and
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you'll get in return
- Degree and/or diploma in Human Resources Management from a recognized post-secondary institution, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in Human Resources including a minimum of 3 years’ direct experience within a unionized environment is required;
- Knowledge of Ontario employment standards and human rights legislation.
- Experience managing disability management files and assisting with coordinating gradual return to work programs.
- Strong computer skills working with MS Office programs.
- Possess strong organizational, presentation, and project management skills.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A CHRP designation or currently pursuing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Listens thoroughly to issues and responds appropriately; demonstrates assertiveness when appropriate.
- Maintains and exercises a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in giving out information.
- The ability to successfully pass a criminal record and credit check through the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)
This role offers competitive pay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1098600