Your new company
Our Client is the largest producer of offshore crude oil and natural gas in China and one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in the world. As the international division, our portfolio is made up of assets in some of the world’s most significant basins in Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
Your new role
Our business is focused on safely exploring and producing from conventional offshore, unconventional and oil sands assets. As part of the CNOOC Group of companies, which span the entire energy supply chain, our size and capability create a competitive advantage that ensures we deliver long-term value. Our growth strategy is to safely and sustainably develop our high-quality portfolio to deliver energy for all.
As one team, we have the capability, assets and drive to realize our potential. And with operations in over 20 countries, we are all united by our vision to deliver energy for all.
What you'll need to succeed
- Working towards or completion of Occupational Health & Safety certification / professional accreditation such as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation – equivalencies will be considered;
- Experience in the development and continuous improvement of emergency management plans/exercises related to regulations within Alberta and British Columbia;
- 5- 8 years of occupational and/or process safety experience in a heavy industry setting, preferably within the upstream oil and gas industry;
- Expertise with provincial legislation, a working knowledge of industry best practices and proven experience with implementing HSE systems and practices that drive Best in Class performance;
- Strong sense of professionalism and purpose, with proven capacity for problem-solving and producing sustainable results through teamwork and individual effort;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and oral / written communication skills –including fluency with computers and Microsoft Office applications;
Ability to quickly build strong relationships and positively influence others
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1102109