Your new company
SMS Equipment operates at the leading edge of innovation and offers advanced technologies that keep job sites running safely, efficiently and productively - even in extreme conditions. As one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world they believe their continued growth is a result of their highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace. They were proud to be recognized with the Associated Equipment Distributors Technician of the Year Award for Canada, 2019.
SMS Equipment serve the construction, forestry, mining & utilities sectors, and are committed to safety as their number one priority.
Due to growth they are seeking a Heavy Equipment Technician to join their growing yet established team. As an advocate of lifetime career growth, you will receive training and opportunities for promotion within as you grow. This position is located in Timmins, ON.
If you are interested in working for a very dynamic company where your input, your ideas and your participation is valued, apply today.
Your new role
Your team will become like family and you’ll be working alongside many people who have enjoyed multiyear employment with SMS. Reporting to the General Supervisor, the Heavy Equipment Technician maintains, repairs, and rebuilds heavy equipment primarily in the field. The incumbent will perform repairs and/or maintenance and/or assembly at the customer's premises or on the worksite, on all Komatsu products as well as other products sold by SMS Equipment.
What you'll need to succeed
- Analyse failure and repair required.
- Complete a full report on the repairs and identify the cause of failure for each problem encountered.
- Order parts to complete repairs.
- Adjust, repair and/or replace defective parts.
- Test the equipment once repaired to ensure proper operation and that the repairs meet with customer's requirements.
- Clean, lubricate and perform regular maintenance on equipment.
- Meet scheduled time allotments for repairs.
- Notify Supervisor and/or customer of all repairs needed on machines.
- Once work is completed, sign the work order, request credit for unused parts, collet all documentation (external purchases, etc.) and forward to Supervisor for invoicing.
- Always be aware of the impact of any discussion with customers pertaining to performance of products sold by SMS Equipment.
- Work safely.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess a Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification. Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
What you'll get in return
- Interprovincial Red Seal is considered an asset
- Heavy Equipment Technician Certification.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in troubleshooting electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of Komatsu products would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software’s and working with a portable unit.
- Hardworking, proactive, self-reliant, team worker and focused on customer service.
SMS is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, learning opportunities, apprenticeship programs, company matched RRSP and more! Perks include discount programs, wellness program, social club and free parking.
You will benefit from personal growth and add to your skills through regular OEM training on industry leading equipment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.