Your new company
SMS Equipment operates at the leading edge of innovation and offers advanced technologies that keep job sites running safely, efficiently and productively - even in extreme conditions. As one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world they believe their continued growth is a result of their highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace. They were proud to be recognised with the Associated Equipment Distributors Technician of the Year Award for Canada, 2019. SMS Equipment serve the construction, forestry, mining & utilities sectors, and are committed to safety as their number one priority. Due to growth they are seeking a Heavy Equipment Technician to join their growing yet established team. As an advocate of lifetime career growth, you will receive training and opportunities for promotion within as you grow.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Performing assemblies, preventative maintenance, repairs and complete overhauls on heavy equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerised or other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
- Make recommendations regarding extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement.
- Think logically and keep up with changes in technology.
- Interpret work order and technical manuals.
- Complete job specific reports and paperwork as needed.
- Have a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety.
- Motivated and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision.
- Work remotely in adverse weather conditions. Job tasks may be physically demanding lifting up to 50 lbs. Confined Space work is required.
The successful candidate will possess a Journey person Heavy Equipment Technician certification. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Other requirements include:
What you'll get in return
- Strong commitment to safety
- Experience in repair/maintenance of heavy equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Some positions may require the ability to travel and meet customer site requirements
- Experience with Komatsu equipment is considered an asset
- Inter provincial Red Seal is considered an asset
SMS is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, learning opportunities, apprenticeship programs, company matched RRSP and more! Perks include discount programs, wellness program, social club and free parking. You will benefit from personal growth and add to your skills through regular OEM training on industry leading equipment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Carry on your career here in Canada. This client is accepting applications from all candidates that are legally able to work in Canada for this role. If you have a visa or PR and are looking to have a discussion about this opportunity, please get in touch today! #1101099