Health and Safety Consultant - (6 Month Contract) + High Potential for Extension - Montreal (START ASAP)
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a reputable Investment Agency. We are looking to hire a Bilingual Health and Safety Consultant to join their team on a contract basis of 6 months, which has the possibility of permanent. This candidate will be working out of their Montreal office.
Your new role
• Research occupational safety information on Covid 19 to assure the best available practices and equipment are adopted to minimize unsafe conditions in the workplace
• Advise how to improve Covid 19 tracking in all of PSP offices and reporting procedures
• Report any unsafe work practices or working conditions and, where appropriate, respond or assist in correcting the situation, as specified by the appropriate protocol.
• Facilitate compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) standards in line with CNESST guidelines and other guidelines of the jurisdictions where PSP has an established office.
• Incorporate adequate provisions for safe working practices and conditions in operational policies and procedures as well as programs and projects.
• Immediately report to his/her supervisor any work-related accident, injury or near miss.
• Conduct management safety meetings as appropriate to review safety program plans and performance and to determine necessary courses of action.
• Determine that regular inspections are being made of the workplace, work practices, procedures, tools and equipment and that prompt action is being taken to correct any unsafe conditions found.
• Provide information to the Health and Safety Committee and individual employees on safety issues, training opportunities and resources.
• Ensure that investigations are conducted in work-related accidents or incidents
What you'll need to succeed
Diploma in occupational health and safety. Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) preferred, NCSO designation is also an asset
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret applicable codes, standards, guidelines, and government legislation, specifically the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, Environmental Protection Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, etc.
• Ability to work both from home and in the PSP office environments.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English and French both verbally and written.
• Well organized and proactive with sound planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
• A strong passion for fostering a safe work environment.
• Ability to work well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Strong PC skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Able to work under pressure within tight time constraints.
• Must be able to always maintain confidentiality.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Supply Chain & Logistics
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Yoni Soleyn, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Montreal (EN)