Your new company
Offers contracting services across Canada. Your new employer is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and is a recipient of SMACNA‘s Safety Excellence Award Program. You will be working at their office located at the west-end of Ottawa.
Your new role
As the General Accountant, you will be reporting into the Finance Manager working in multiple revenue streams.
What you'll need to succeed
- Deposit and post cash receipts to the accounting system from various sources (EFT, cheques, credit card)
- Complete daily/weekly & monthly bank reconciliations, including payroll
- Complete intercompany reconciliations, maintain schedules and process periodic billings
- GL and subledger reconciliations
- Maintain capital asset continuity schedules, test validity of additions, classifications and record disposals.
- Maintain accurate OH accounts, ensuring costs are hitting the buckets and in accordance with GAAP; perform analysis whenever applicable
- Work with operations to verify & track project financials, WIP for internal and external clients, complete analysis
- Assist with various month-end tasks including but not limited to balance sheet schedules, GL reconciliations, accruals, spot costs adjustment, calculating maintenance hours backlog, payroll reclass etc..
- Review and file monthly GST/HST/QST remittances
- Assist with audit requests
- Special projects on an ad-hoc basis, as required
Post secondary education in accounting
1-2 years of experience in a similar position
Strong attention to detail
Advanced Excel skills
What you'll get in return
Annual salary + 3 weeks vacation + benefits + pension plan
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.