FullStack Java Engineer - Exciting new remote opportunity!
Our client, a globally recognized financial and insurance firm is looking to hire a FullStack Java Engineer for a minimum 6 month remote contract.
Your new role and responsibilities:
Our client is looking for Full Stack Engineers to help them build and run online banking services, helping them move away from the monolithic architectures of the past to a new microservices platform. You will be part of a cross functional product team delivering products into production in ever shortening cycles and helping to drive the continuous improvement of our processes, tooling and engineering practices. We welcome all talented Agile engineers from those who can sit across the whole stack, or specialist front end or back end software developers. We’re looking for passionate, driven, team loving, agile evangelising, technology enthusiasts to join the team and become part of our journey to shape and change the future of the company.
What you will need to succeed:
• Be responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions that deliver exceptional user experience driven by the product teams
• Familiar with a couple of different languages, and well-versed in at least one
• Use the latest enterprise application technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently
• Keen to collaborate with others, and you’ll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
• Experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery
• Experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
• We promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
• Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Technical skills to support the role:
• Java SE, Spring Boot, Maven
• Experience consuming REST APIs and utilizing JSON for web applications
• Building ‘mobile first’, responsive, adaptive single page applications
• Solid awareness of cross-browser/device and cross platform development
• CI/CD - tools - Jenkins, Git, GitHub
• PaaS/IaaS – AWS
• ReactJS – Big nice to have skill
What you'll get in return:
The client is offering a minimum 6 month engagement, with a high likelihood of extension and a very competitive rate for the contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1098401
Banking & Financial Services
Up to $81/hr
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Megan Baker, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Ottawa (EN)