Location: Toronto – Flexible Hybrid (Home + Office)
Hours: 37.5hr work week.
Contract Duration: 6 months
Our client, a leading banking institution is looking for a Full Stack Java Developer.
You will be involved in daily meetings with business stakeholders.
- Able to adapt to working in different roles and on different technologies.
- Take ownership of delivery of business requirements.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and ability to learn with minimal supervision under pressure.
A Day in the Life of a Full Stack Developer include the following:
• Work with other team members and liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
• Draw-up detailed technical designs for components in response to business requirements and high-level technical architecture
• Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
• Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
• Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
• Developers in our team are expected to own the end to end delivery of software from analysis through to release to production and support. We work in small iterative cycles and typically release software daily to production.
• Everyone in our team releases code to production, everyone in our team raises production change requests, everyone in our team does production support. Everyone.
• Participate in intra-day and overnight (rarely, when called) Support.
- Passionate about technology + interested in learning new technologies/skills.
- Someone who can understand what’s happening underneath (able to look at it past the syntax).
- Intermediate SQL (write select statement).
- Good communication + self-motivated. Multiple pods – each responsible for a delivery.
Nice to have:
- Linux/Unix environments
- REST services
- Knowledge of GCP
- Working within an Agile environment
- Good understanding of project life cycle; design, development, test, release and support procedure.
- Autonomy with how you work as well.
- Encourage a culture where people learn. Will find that they have improved by the end.
- Potential to grow your career within HSBC.
Banking & Financial Services
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Sofia Potapchyk, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Toronto (EN)