Client: Banking Company
Role: Full Stack Developer
Duration: 6 Month Contract
Rate: Competitive Hourly Rate
Location: Toronto, ON (Hybrid)
Your new company
Our client, an established leader in the Banking sector is hiring for an experienced Full Stack Developer for a 6 month contract.
Your new role
As a Full Stack Developer, the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties with a high level of competence:
•Work with other team members and liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
•Forward thinking for other devices and required accessibility.
•Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
•Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
•Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
•Developers in our team are expected to own the end to end delivery of software from analysis through to release to production and support. We deliver each change to production before moving onto the next.
•Everyone in our team releases code to production, everyone in our team raises production change requests, everyone in our team does production support.
•Participate in intra-day and overnight Support
•Must be able to debug the existing code, extend the functionality and/or fix issues if any
•The candidate should have demonstrable experience of Continuous Delivery software development methods, including TDD and automated testing (including non-functional testing)
What you'll need to succeed:
• Strong Java 8+ knowledge
• Strong / Good ReactJS knowledge
• Must be able to debug the existing code, extend the functionality and/or fix issues if any
• Understanding of micro service architecture and ability to write REST APIs
• Sound knowledge of Redux store
• Good Knowledge of database schema design.
• Experience of SQL and relational databases is essential and experience of PostGres advantageous.
• Experience of working in Unix environments is essential
• Can write sensible tests to verify functionalities and endpoints
• Has prior hands-on experience around any CI-CD tooling. Candidate must be able to build a CI-CD pipeline independently for a new service / component.
• Always considers implementing Security around functionalities / services / endpoints
• Aware of working in DevOps POD and expected to do production support on rotation basis
• Someone who’s willing to learn, analytical/problem-solver.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Banking & Financial Services
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Anaahat Dhindsa, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Vancouver (EN)