Your new company
An established & respected Residential, Condominium and Commercial Developer Builder in the GTA is looking for a Construction Finishing Superintendent to join their successful, growing team. The Finishing Superintendent will be reporting into the General Superintendent, responsible for successful completion of high-rise suites, common areas, amenities and facilities corridor projects.
Your new role
Role & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise and co-ordinate the tasks and activities of construction workers and sub-contractors to ensure satisfactory completion of the residential suites, amenity areas and facilities such as pools and gyms.
• Schedule the on-site workforce, including sub-trades and suppliers and be responsible for the site until completion.
• Maintaining site drawings and ensuring that building code is adhered to by all workers
• Ensure sub-contractors are working to site construction program
• Ensure that at all times H&S policies and guidelines are strictly adhered to and the site safety plan is implemented in a timely manner
• Monitor and inspect the work of sub-contractors to ensure quality of work, adherence to schedules and satisfactory completion of works
• Adhere to procedures for purchasing requisitions and site instructions
• Ensure sub-contractors are aware of company commitments to the client
• Ensure employees and sub-contractors carry out their responsibilities in a manner that meets the clients expectations
• Adhere to financial procedures including requisition and approval requirements
• Efficiently drive the schedule to ensure successful completion on schedule and within budget.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate for this position will ideally have the following attributes:
• Up to 5 years of experience as a Site Superintendent, having worked on high-rise projects
• Extensive knowledge of drawings and construction engineering principles
• Knowledge of OH&S legislation, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of building and construction Trades
• Experience in scheduling and planning of sites, and teams
• Experience with specifications and contract documents (i.e. subcontract scope of works)
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Financial Acumen, strong understanding of cost management
• Gold Seal certified a definite asset
What you'll get in return
Your skills, strong work-ethic and diligence will be rewarded with a highly competitive base salary, bonus and benefits package. There is an abundance of growth and development opportunities with a company who genuinely value their staff, provide interesting and challenging work, and a strong commitment to work-life balance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103813